Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Newspaper Nails

This is my first attempt doing this awesome idea. I maybe late trying this, but still why not right?


I painted my uber-short nails Winter Frost from Revlon. It's a mini-bottle in medium-gray color. I wanted something lighter but do not have any that does not consists of glitters and sparkles, plus I was lazy to mix my own so I used this one.


I can say this is a half-fail. I tried different methods here: 1) dipped a piece of newspaper in alcohol then pat onto my nails, 2) dipped my nails in alcohol then pat on a piece of newspaper, 3) dipped a piece, dipped my nail then pat the paper on. I think the second method worked best. That explains why this art is so uneven, because I kept on testing.


I did not bother redoing them. I figure I will take them off in few days anyways. Maybe soon I will try again and perfect them, and maybe in a summery colored base.


XOXO,

jyz

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, i am glad you loved it!

      Delete
  2. I love this look, always wanted to try it out but never got round to it. Always think it would be funny if you were cutting out a newspaper and transferred a rude or hilarious article onto your nails.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! I've been wanting to try this too!
    thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this nail lookouts so fun!!:) miss ya mama
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i love this idea!!!!! when you perfect it, make sure to share so i know how to do it!! lol

    ReplyDelete

i appreciate you leaving a comment ;)